homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

August 7, 2013

Waiting Rooms with Glennon and Mindy.

Yesterday we had Speech Therapy for the first time and they took Abiella into the room without me.  That was a first and I wasn't expecting it. So I just sat in the waiting room and twiddled my thumbs with the other parents.


30 minutes to do whatever I please? What?? I didn't come prepared for this!  Now I know better. Bring a book.  Always bring a book.

Speaking of books.  I've read some pretty amazing ones lately.  Let's start with this one:


Please tell me you've read this. I really can't even speak about this one because I just loved it too much.  No words would do it any kind of justice.  Just get it, and love it, and laugh, and cry, and then sit stunned at how much beauty and hilarity and honesty can be packed into 200 pages. Oh my.

Next, is this little diddy- a book my book club read together.


This book hooked me from the beginning and a day and a half later it was all over.  I wished there was more to read because anything less than 48 hours with Mindy is unacceptable. She's just too good. "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns)" is a memoir of sorts and definitely one of the most FUN books I've ever read. Somewhere on the cover it likens her to "Tina Fey's cool little sister" and I think that's a pretty accurate description.  If you're into things that are funny and honest- get it.  Also, you get sneak peeks at what it was like to write/star in The Office, guest write on SNL, and be around Amy Poehler :) I'm also pretty obsessed with the show The Mindy Project, so this was a great thing to read while they're on break.

Okay.  Go buy, go read, and enjoy.  Any books you've been loving?? I'll need something for the waiting room.
---

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I just finished Mindy's book- it was great for flights as it was easy to dip in and out of when concentration was low.
I've read quite a bit recently as I'm on holiday- favorites include Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother and Gone Girl ( which you may have already read)

Kaity B. said...

Carry On, Warrior was so, so good. Like you said- no words.

Brittany Stewart said...

Oooo... I didn't even know Mindy had a book. I will def be getting this!