Well, I'm shutting this computer down and I'm about to climb into the car with my mom and two friends who are shuttling us to the airport... Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Pray for God to open doors and make this fly through at miraculous speeds! If you've sent me a kind text or email or card I CAN'T TELL YOU how much it has meant to me. If I didn't get back with you personally please know I'm thinking of you and I appreciate your words so much.
I'll be updating this blog as much as possible while I'm there.
1) Get the house ready for when I come back with a baby :) Buy diapers, finish the room, complete small home projects, etc. Most of this is done :)... I still want to re-tile my bathroom floor before I leave on Thursday. Call me crazy.
Abi's room is officially done! Don't worry, there's a crib on the other side :)
2) Bring as much as possible to take care of Abi... diapers, wipes, lotions, rice cereal, formula, baby food, clothes, travel boppy, bowls, spoons, baby meds, first aid kit, sling, etc. etc. etc.
3) Bring as much as possible to take care of me... bug spray, dishwashing detergent, alarm clock, clothes, outlet converters, flashlight, over the counter meds, extra prescriptions, malaria pills, extra contacts, toiletries, FOOD (lots of granola bars, tuna cans, peanut butter, crustables, and other things that can provide an easy meal if I don't want to get out...) Phew.
4) Then of course there are adoption related pieces (IMPORTANT!)... papers to file, copies to keep, notarized docs, lions and tigers and bears, oh my. (Totally stole that from you Megan... and Wizard of Oz, of course.)
Thankfully, Sean's home and we're checking things off the list one at a time...
- Call the pediatrician. Check.
- Get new finger prints back. Check.
The list just doesn't stop...
In between though we're listening to music in the studio late at night, spending time with good friends (Happy Birthday Preston!!!!!!) and soaking up this fantastic weather! (It's 53 degrees out right now... unbelievable.)
Thank you SO MUCH for all of the prayers. We need them!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!