homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

July 9, 2012

Music is my drug of choice.

My house is full of music.  Always.  If I don't hear live music pouring out of the studio (like I am right now), then I'm listening to it on my record player downstairs, if it's not on the record player,  it's on the stereo, and if it's not on the stereo, it's on my handheld radio.  (Yes, I still have one of those.) I even fall asleep every night listening to  music on my headphones... I say all of this to bring me to my next topic: the rebirth of my iTunes account. 


A few months back I erased my entire iTunes library... on purpose. I was at a crossroad. Due to some iTunes rule regarding how many computers can have the same account, (and my total lack of desire to investigate further) I was faced with a decision: never add a single song to my iPod ever again... or erase the entire thing and start over.  I took one glance at my iPod, scrolled through my years of collecting, and in one exhilarating moment hit ERASE.  I watched the bar go from nearly full to completely empty. It was thrilling. (Don't fret, all of the songs I really wanted to keep I still have on CD's .)

Now, I feel like someone's given me a blank canvas and it's amazing. Over the last few weeks I've thoroughly enjoyed going back through our CD collection (remember those?), oohing and awwing over all the awesome album art, and importing my favorite albums into my freshly cleansed iPod library. So far Brandi Carlile, Ani Difranco, Shrek the Musical (don't judge), David Ramirez, Sean McConnell, Jonny Lang, Wade Bowen, Lori McKenna, Patty Griffin,  Zach Maberry and about 20 other amazing artists have made the cut. (Hello, amazing 'shuffle' experience.)  

So, for the next few hours I'll continue to upload these awesome CD's, (I may see Ace of Base  in my immediate future), brew a second pot of coffee, and go visit this guy upstairs when I get a little bored...


Hope you're having a great Monday night!

mae

PS- Who are your favorite artists????

10 comments:

Danielle said...

i love this post! It might be one of my faves. Nice choices on the "new" music. And please please please get some Ace of Base so we can jam it this weekend. Love you! xo

oh and ps - 4 days!!!!!

Aunt Sue said...

Girl, you are gutsy! I would have had a major panic attack once I pressed erase. We're seeing Brandi Carlile next month, can't wait. I humbly suggest giving Fleet Foxes a listen. Maybe it's my age, but I find them to be very nostalgic...calling up a mix of Dylan and Simon and Garfunkel.

Unknown said...

I just did the same thing a few months ago and it was SO nice! Instead of weading through hundreds of songs I no longer listened to, I got to start fresh!

Allyson McGuire said...

How refreshing! I barely even use my iTunes and it has a bunch of nonsense on it!

Brianna Bell said...

ohh you're like me..I LOVE a fresh new start at something once in awhile!! Good for you! My favs are Sade, Jacksoul, Corrine Bailey Rae, and most of the Cafe Del Mar compilations..

Robyn said...

brilliant post on Ashley's blog-made me laugh!

Unknown said...

I've been faced with the same dilemma!!!! But I could never hit delete. Eek!

Hi! I'm new... also, moving to Nash in a few months... let's be friends??? :)

Nicole - Craft My Soul said...

Hiya! Saw your guest post in Adventures of Newlyweds. Holy cow I can't imagine erasing my music. But I know how it feels to lose it though... I recently lost mine and my Fiance's ipod while vacationing. Somehow we just lost track of it! I spent so much time organizing that thing it broke my heart to lose it. Luckily I had my little 8G as back-up but it's just not the same. Anyway I too used to be surrounded by music and musicians. My Dad is a musician and when I lived with my Family he was always recording or playing something. I miss those days. But... music is my drug of choice too! Good to meet you! Stop by sometime.

-Nicole
www.craftmysoul.blogspot.com

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

I love love your blog! I am a singer and I teach 4th grade. Planning on getting my masters in education next year. Plus, I'm your 200th follower :)
xoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

TDM Wendy said...

Tell me you have Switchfoot's Vice Verses. Or you're gonna get it. And check out the band Branches - if they're on there...