homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

July 20, 2011

A Love-Hate Relationship...

I am currently in the middle of a nasty love affair with the dessert menu at Sonic…


If you’ve ever had ice cream from Sonic you know what I’m talking about, and if you haven’t…don’t go, because you will become addicted. Immediately.

Two weeks ago, I decided to treat myself to some ice cream.  I pulled into Sonic, looked over their options and landed on a regular-sized Oreo Blast.  This cup of goodness offered a large portion of vanilla ice cream with oreo chunks mixed throughout and sprinkled on top.  Oh… and there was whip cream.

Since that fateful day, I have returned 8 times…all after 10 pm. This is embarrassing. 

Typically I would consider myself a healthy eater, but one taste of that bad sugar and I lost my conscience, all will-power, and the ability to fit into pants with a button. 

After my 4th consecutive night at Sonic, I looked down at myself and spotted sticky streams of melted oreo ice-cream running down my shirt, and when I looked in the rear-view mirror, there were major oreo stains in the crevices of my mouth.  I looked like a toddler.  This sight made me snap out of it and as I wiped up my mess I whispered, “You’re totally out of control.” 

At that moment I made a decision to take back my dignity and partake in only one tasty Sonic treat a week.  4 hours later, I was feeling good about my decision when a friend unknowingly suggested we go get a treat from Sonic.  I battled with my conscience for approximately ¾ of a second and then grabbed my keys.  On the way there she mentioned a Strawberry Banana Chocolate Milk Shake.  Say What?!??!? This option is not on the menu. (I would know.  I’m there every day. )

I was quickly informed that this “unlisted” option is possible if you ask nicely. They simply mix their other milk shake flavors together to create the mixture you desire.  Are you kidding me??!??

This knowledge opened a lot of doors I wasn’t prepared to close.

Since then, I’ve returned… I won’t say how many times, but let’s just say I’m Trying.

Long story short, I’m in a love/hate relationship with Sonic… and I’m addicted to the pain. 

I will not go more than three times once a week.
I will not go more than once a week.
I will not go more than once a week. 

No comments: