homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

March 6, 2013

Blog Crush

The beloved Erin from Living in Yellow, is inviting one and all to share their current "blog crushes" and I'm pretty darn pumped to brag on some of my favorites.  Join the party over HERE and link up your blog crush!

Alright- in no particular order, here are some amazing blogs that make me go

And yes, if you're wondering when I'll stop using this incriminating picture of myself, the answer is never.
Flower Patch Farmgirl: Good gosh this girl knows how to write. Not only is she clever and funny and deliciously awesome with words, she has an incredible story to tell... including adoption, jail, and moving from her beloved home in the country to a place in the city. Also, she introduced me to Jen Hatmaker, and for that I'm forever grateful. 

Jen Hatmaker: If this woman's not on your radar I'm upset.  Between her hilarious tweets, her incredible blog,  her many books, or her fierce advocacy for the "least of these" this Christian speaker/writer is the woman you want to be best friends with. She's got serious moxy, folks ;)

Living in Yellow: Duh.  She's hilarious, fun, honest, smart, bizzzzz-savvvyyy and as kind as she is cool.  I wait for her posts every day like I do the mailman. (Now that I'm at home more I seriously wait on the mailman. I guess I always think he's bringing me a magazine or something.  Instead I get bills from the children's hospital.  Fooled every time! Regardless, looking out the window when I hear the truck feels so 1950's. Should I be in a dress and heels too? Alas, I'm in sweats with no mascara. Oh 2013, how I love you.) Anyhow, Erin's the best of the best and knows how to make this blogging biz a platform for good, funny, and all things awesome... I just wish she lived closer to Nashvegas...

Thriftary: Girl's my sista but that's not why she's on this list.  She's as hilarious as she is inventive and beyond her marketing, graphic design, cooking, home decor genius- she's got the heart of a thousand nuns and the spirit of a million lawyers. Does that make sense? She's a fighter.  For herself, for her family, for her business, and for her gifts.  I learn a lot from her everyday.  Also, she's the reason I started this here blog. Mrs. Thriftary is the gateway drug to this blogging culture I've grown to love so much.

Gung Ho Heart:  To say I reeallly love this girl is an understatement.  The truth is I can hear her at this very moment singing upstairs in my husband's studio and it's making my week. She's a brilliant musician, a loyal friend, and a partner in many previous crimes... She's also on this adoption journey with me, but that's not how we met. We were friends way before the word "kids" ever came out of our mouths. Oh and I recently woke up to a text from her saying something to the effect of, "Just got married on the beach in Africa.  Can't wait to tell you about it. See you in 72 hours." Saywhaaa?? Girl's got passion, guts, boldness, a spirit like no other and now an incredible family... husband and 4 kiddos included.

BOOM There you go. Some seriously killer blogs that I give a resounding TWO THUMBS UP. Well done, ladies.


There are so, so many more blogs that I love and wish I had time to gush about but alas, I'm sure your eyes are growing weary and my time is limited.  Baby girl's got 30 minutes left on her nap and I've got some taxes to do.  Try not to be jealous.

Who is your blog crush? 

Go link up HERE.

7 comments:

DeNae said...

I just hopped over from LIY's blog crush and I must say that anyone with the cajones needed to repeatedly post that picture of yourself as a kid is worth following. I suppose that could be taken the wrong way. I'll assume you'll take it the right way. I look forward to following along with your beautiful family.

megan james said...

God bless you child. God bless you.

Jennie said...

This was a fun linkup! Going to check out some of the blogs you love!

Rachel said...

I had not heard of Jen Hatmakers--but I'm taking your word on her and I'll be checking her out right now!

Sonja said...

That picture makes me howl out loud every. single. time.

Jen Hatmaker said...

So cute! So fun! So darling! Thank you for the interweb love. And for posting that pic. (I used to teach 4th grade, and I would hold up a pic of me at that age on the first day of school every year and tell the girls: "Don't worry. There is hope yet."

Unknown said...

haha that picture rules.

thanks for sharing :)