homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

June 18, 2012

Happy 1st Father's Day Sean!

Sean, there's no way I could possibly fit everything I want to say about you in this post. Plus, I'd lose all my readers because some super gushy displays of affection are just too much for a third party to take... (kind of like Barefoot Contessa's constant reference to her husband Jeffrey... it's just too much...) But seriously, 8 years ago, I woke up to a knock at my door and when I answered, it was you... standing there with 100 crunch bars, a dozen roses, and a bag full of groceries to make me breakfast. Chocolate and pancakes... I was impressed. Very impressed. Today, you do the same amazing stuff... you defend my honor at honky tonks, you get my name tattooed on your derrier, you'll leave the house at 11:00 pm if I mention the words, "I wish I had a Dr. Pepper", you make me homemade mozzerella sticks when I tearfully mumble to myself, "If only I had cheese sticks..."

Most importantly though, you love our tiny family with a fierce and constant love. You have fought for our precious Abiella again and again... You left the hotel at crazy hours to go find her hot, freshly made porridge.  You calmed her down and let her sleep on your stomach when she was wide awake and unaware of her very new surroundings...


You rubbed my back and poured water down my throat as I held Abiella in a very hot and incredibly packed hospital waiting room. When I was scared of court, you told me, "You're going to do great. I promise."

The first time we realized Abiella could move her legs, they were pushing off of YOUR legs. When we realized she could move her neck up and down she was straining to look at YOU. When you pat her back, she looks like there's never been a more precious moment in her entire life.

She's Daddy's little girl, through and through. You're an amazing father.  It's in your veins, it's who you are, and it's the greatest honor of my life to be a wife and parent by your side.

We Love you!!


Happy Father's Day!

11 comments:

Avery Walker said...

If you were to look up the definition of "love" it may have a reference to this post with a picture of you and Sean beside it. You guys are quite the duo! Congratulations to you both on becoming parents.

Danielle said...

Oh man. It was a terrible idea to read this at work. This post is so very special and true. Love it, love y'all, and Happy Father's Day Sean! xoxo

Susan Binkley said...

Okay, this post should come with a warning to have a full box of Kleenex on hand and loud music to drown out the crying hiccups at work... I am proud to have Sean for a son-in-law - couldn't have found someone more perfect if he had been ordered out of a catalogue.

Maddie Richardson - A Lifestyle Blog said...

Funny thing Susan, is that MS did order him from a catalog... at which point he showed up at her door step... :)I love this post. I think I will print it and read it often. You two are just the best.

Sara said...

And now I'm crying at work :) You two are the sweetest, most genuine people I know. I am so happy for your family and can't wait to watch it grow!! xoxo

The Egg said...

SO sweet!!!
I'm so excited for your little family of three and can't wait to read more of abi's adventures!

Sweet Carolina Grace said...

Love this. :)

Brittany Stewart said...

and now I am ugly crying... ugh. Well- this is about the most precious thing i have ever read. Sean you are one lucky man and MS you are one lucky woman. You BOTH are going to make one incredible family. I love all three of you! :)

Chris said...

totally crying now... I actually had to wipe tears so I could finish reading. So beautiful. The three of you are lucky to have each other!!!

Cara-Mia said...

Such a beautiful post! I just found your blog by way of your comment on mine, and I'm so glad I did. :)

Robyn said...

beautiful beautiful, ps-love the globe your friend made for you! x