homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

February 13, 2012

Oh Grammy's...

I’ll be honest.  Normally, I watch musical award shows and leave pretty underwhelmed...but, this year I was impressed.
Perhaps it was the somber yet celebratory tone of tribute in the air, or LL Cool J’s opening prayer, or the fact that so many of my favorite artists were nominated… but whatever it was, the Grammy’s rocked…
Favorite performances include Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (they can’t go wrong in my book…), The Civil Wars (woohoo!!), Bonnie Raitt and Alicia Keys (honest, raw, soulful talent... together??!), Coldplay, Tony Bennet and Carrie Underwood…  And then of course there was the Glen Campbell tribute… The man is simply unbelievable. 
Adele was STUNNING… seriously STUNNING, and Bruno Mars… where do I begin? I’m not a huge fan of his singles, but that performance ROCKED. The throw-back hair and matching outfits, the bright set, the band that participated in the simple but oh-so-cool choreography, that fact that everyone on stage looked like they were having the time of their lives, his “get off your rich asses and let’s have some fun” line, the creative use of that megaphone … all topped off with James Brown dance moves?!?? Geeeezz. I was freaking out.
Lastly, there are no words to describe Jennifer Hudson’s moving tribute to Whitney Houston.  It was such a classy move on the Grammy's part to not introduce Hudson but to have her waiting at the microphone when the memorial video ended. Her performance was controlled, powerful, and absolutely beautiful...a truly stunning tribute.
As far as fashion goes, I’m smitten with blue hair any day…
...seriously smitten...
and if I had to pick a dress that really stood out to me… I'd pick this one.


Fitting but modest, no fear of a boobage malfunction, no need to look down and adjust oneself … it’s my kind of gown.
I have to say though, the most stunning look of the night goes to Adele…

She looked absolutely gorgeous. Plus, her brilliantly British alliteration “rubbish relationship” mixed with her adorable confession of a minor snot issue…all while graciously accepting Best Album of the Year makes her even more fantastic. You go Adele! Thanks for being an incredible example of how a real woman can be so fabulous.
Alright, that’s all I got! Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I did!
mae mae
P.S. I had an awesome weekend with my brother and his girlfriend...it involved cards, good food, and a fantastic afternoon at an arcade.  I'm serious... an arcade.
More on that later...
Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally was loving adele last night.. I dig katy's blue hair but it might of been the style i was like ehh :D It was a good night last night! :)