homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

February 14, 2012

It's the Day of Love, Y'all!

7 things to tickle your fancy on this day of love...

1) Look at this painting I found on Whatever.  Don't you think painting something so "orderly" and colorful would be therapeutic?
... I know what I'm doing this weekend....

Hearts

2) Magazine Hearts?  How silly I was to think garland is only appropriate for Christmas... Cut up those fun magazines, tape the hearts to a piece of twine, and drape away...


3) Here's another way to do garland...

Pinned Image
4) Don't you love this?? If this were mine I would have added chips and salsa, coffee, and Sonic Happy Hour. Wouldn't it be fun to print out a blank copy for your kids, have them color it, and then label what's in their heart??
Could be fun to see how it changes each year.

5) Write YOURSELF a valentine... I dare you.  Come up with 20 things you love about yourself... Confidence is the most attractive quality, right? Grab a scrap piece of paper and remember why you're so awesome.
Pinned Image
http://extraordinary-ordinary.net/2012/02/08/free-pass/

6) Put an anonymous note in the mail to someone you love but may not speak to often... Tell them why you think they're cool.  I mean seriously... how cool would that feel?  Unless, of course it appears stalkerish... hmm... word it carefully as to not provoke panic. (i.e. avoid phrases like, "I've been watching you your whole life..." or "you may not realize how much you're noticed..." )

7) You have a sweetheart, you don't have a sweetheart, you're single, you're married, you're smitten, you're heart-broken...whatever your 'sitch' may be... Valentine's Day is for us all because God loved us first and we're all perfect in His eyes.

Pinned Image
http://www.craftsandsutch.com/2011/01/but-greatest-of-these-is-love-printable.html

So go grab a cherry limeade or eat that extra piece of chocolate and...
Enjoy Your Valentine’s Day!

mae

2 comments:

Danielle said...

ummmmmmm 5,6, and 7 are why I love you so much...just you wait for your unexpected totally NON STALKERISH letter to come in the mail ;-) xo

Allyson McGuire said...

I just found your blog, and I am loving it! I am so excited to be a new follower and to read more from you! I hope you'll stop by my blog, Cupcakes and Candy Canes, sometime!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com