Point is, I miss her. I wish she was home. I want to know what she’s doing, what’s new, what she’s learning… but as my good friend JMW told me today, “You’ll have so many 'firsts'… regardless of what she’s doing now, they’ll be 'firsts' for you… and then as she grows you’ll be there for the rest.” True words Jessica, True words. Thanks for the wisdom, friend!
As everyone made resolutions for the New Year I struggled. My year is so up in the air, I felt silly making big goals that may or may not be important to me once Abiella's home. Soo… I did something else. I made a list of things to do before Abiella gets here. Perhaps this will redirect my focus and put a little pep in my step when I feel like I’m floundering.
So without further ado, here’s my list:
1) Complete another Sunrise Series.
2) Make working out a daily habit. For real this time.
3) Print and frame our photos from Africa.
4) Get Abiella’s scrapbook up-to-date
5) Get MaeMae’s etsy shop up and running.
6) Spend a day hiking with Sean.
7) Start playing my guitar again.
8) Purge our things and get rid of the stuff we don’t use or need.
9) Revamp the budget and get on a better “system.”
10) Schedule and go to all annual doctor’s appointments.
11) Learn how to sew, starting with pillows.
12) Plant a garden in the Spring.
13) Deep clean my house using THIS list.
14) Mail at least two pieces of random “snail mail” a week.
15) Find a community adoption group.
16) Find a group for parents with kids with special needs.
17) Write a book… okay, maybe just begin one. :) Topics anyone?
18) Learn how to make at least one traditional Ghanaian meal.
I’ll keep you posted on what I do! I’m really excited!