homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

August 1, 2013

30 Day Challenge.(And it's not a diet.)

A long time ago I read a post by Pioneer Woman on the top things she'd learned about blogging.  One thing that always stood out to me was her advice to write often. 

"Whether you write a sixteen-paragraph essay about the cosmic implications of a free market system, a one-paragraph description of what happens to your soul when you walk into your godforsaken laundry room, or a simple photo and caption, consider your blog a precious bloom that requires daily nurturing. " Pioneer Woman

There's no denying I've had a writer's block of sorts the past few months.  I think too much and write too little.  I may want to write about something inconsequential like my new love affair with the DVR (I'm always years behind the curve folks, but did you know you can pause LIVE tv and you don't have to grab a VHS to record a show anymore? Amazing.) But then I think, naah- too much is happening to write about the silly DVR... I should write about __blank__!" But then __blank__ takes WAY too long to write and it sits in my inbox half-done, forever unpublished, while this blog just gathers dust.

So with that said, I'm climbing my fanny out of writer's block one day at a time, friends. My sister and I have been throwing around the idea of a writing challenge for a while now, and well, it's time. For 30 days we will both post SOMETHING, everyday.  Doesn't have to be life-changing, doesn't even have to be a full paragraph.  Just something.  (Saturdays included. It's getting real up in here. But not Sundays. It's not that real. Just kidding. Sundays too! EVERY DAY.)

So... today is DAY 1.  You should join us! Any chance you've had writer's block too? If so, throughout the month, leave your posts in our comments and we'll come check out your space. We can all climb out of this writing funk together :) So with that being said, DAY 1 is today and I'm done :)

Woohoo!!

See you tomorrow folks :)
mae

4 comments:

Emily said...

Alright, I'm in!

Katye Y said...

Yay! Can't wait to read all your posts! And those are some gorgeous peonies in that picture!

Because of Jackie said...

I agree, writing more makes it easier! I am writing an ebook and force myself to write every singe night and it is better for me...plus I am a procrastinator at heart and having a routine helps:)

Unknown said...

It's a cool challenge, even though I don't want to take part, because I think if you write every day something, even if it is just a picture...just too much stress^^
I normally write my blog posts for the next week (or even 2 weeks) on one weekend before and let it publish automatically^^
But good luck though!! :)