homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

January 10, 2013

eight.

8 years ago (this last Tuesday) I married this guy...


 and I've been having a blast ever since.

This year we had the best anniversary yet.  My mom drove an hour and a half (one way) to babysit  (God bless her) and Sean took me to my very favorite restaurant in the city... This was my first time leaving Abiella AND my first time in a restaurant since I left for Africa in late-September.

Sept...emb...errrrrr.... 

That's like 4 weeks BEFORE Halloween... what?!?

I was pretty much shaking I was so excited.

It was hard leaving Abi, but as soon as Sean and I sat down at a booth my mom sent a pic of Abiella smiling and I was able to relax. I got my favorite meal, favorite drinks, ate two baskets worth of my favorite chips and salsa and then walked across the street to my favorite ice cream shop.  I got sweet potato & burnt marshmallow ice cream. It. was. divine.


Cheers to the next 8 Sean! 
Can't wait!!
***
mae

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to go out. That's a pretty fabulous picture!

~FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

AND, happy anniversary. I meant to say that the first time.

~FringeGirl

Maddie Richardson - A Lifestyle Blog said...

LOVE THIS. you guys are the best.

Maddie Richardson - A Lifestyle Blog said...

LOVE THIS. you guys are the best.

Alli said...

Congrats! You two have amazing spirits.

Anonymous said...

Aw happy anniversary! Glad you two were able to go on such a wonderful date :D

Liz Luscomb said...

I'm glad you guy's were able to get out! Having moments to yourselves as a couple is important. I'm looking forward to the day that my husband and I can have a date night again! It's been just over a year.

You read that right, it's been over one year since we had a date night with out our children, lol.
One day, right? :D

Liz Luscomb said...

PS- Happy anniversary!

Jenn @ WLB said...

A night of favorites? It can't really get better. Happy anniversary!

Ash said...

Rosepepper and Jeni's? Not that there aren't other Mexican restaurants across the street from ice cream in Nashville, but those sound like Jeni's flavors.

It's Sooo Fluffy said...

Happy Anniversary! Y'all are too cute :)

Princess Kate said...

Sounds like it was perfect. You know I always get upset when Willy plans an outing because I hate leaving the kids but once I know they are fine and doing well without me, I'm so happy to be just spending time out.

Happy Anniversary.

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

Congrats you two crazy kids! As a fellow Nashvillian, I have to say the Rosepepper + Jeni's combo CAN. NOT. BE. BEAT! Good choice!
xx
Here&Now

Melodee said...

happy anniversary! sounds like a fun night out! hope you are all doing well!

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

I had to venture back up to your profile picture to see where you were from.

Although you spilled the beans when you said, "God Bless her."

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary! That ice cream sounds Ah.ma.zing. Glad you got to enjoy your night together.

TDM Wendy said...

Congratulations! Woohoo for lasting marriages!