homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

September 13, 2012

Just call me Ginger...

Soooo... I may have gone red.  I've always wanted to have red hair and I've talked about it on a weekly basis for over a decade.  Last weekend, while I lounged in my own piece of TX paradise, I thought... "What the heck? It's JUST HAIR..." So I contacted my hair dresser, talked about my options, and made an appointment.  Today, at 12:45 I sat down in the chair and said, "Do it."

A few hours later I was in my car and headed home. A ginger.

Embedded image permalink

Sayonara highlights and hellllo red...

I was totally clueless if I'd love it, hate it, kind of like it, really hate it... but alas, I'm loving it!  It's fun and different and it seriously shocks me every time I look in the mirror. Will I ever be blonde again?  Sure.   Will I ever be a brunette again?  Sure.  Will I ever have blue, pink or purple hair? I sure hope so. But for today, the red is pretty darn fun.

Sidenote: While I was at the salon a nice woman sitting next to me was going from super blonde hair to suuupppper red... like comic book character, Little Mermaid's Ariel, fluorescent red. She had been blonde her whole life. I liked her guts.

Thinking of doing something fun with your hair? Doooo ittttt... and then send me a pic :)


29 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to see more pics of you as a ginger! Keep 'em coming & let me know you're Instagram name. :)

aHeapeofLove.com

Unknown said...

ps. I love it!! Your color & courage!

Anonymous said...

I totally love it!! You look amazing!

Danielle said...

HOT DAMN You're HOT! Sean's one lucky man! ;-) Love love love it (and you of course)!

The Pink Growl said...

I like it!!! I love changing my hair up like this - it's so fun!

Katie said...

It looks awesome!!! Now I kinda want to go red too :)

Brittany Walsh said...

So pretty! I love it :)

Kara said...

I love it! I always say - it will grow back - and then jump right in.

I would love to have pink hair but in my job that would not go over to well. Bummer...

Anonymous said...

I love it - red looks good on you :D & not many people can pull it off haha!

Because of Jackie said...

Oh my, I have been WANTING to go red myself but am too chicken! Love that you have the guts to do it:)

Stacy said...

You look totally different and I Love it! New look - good for you! PS - you look good as a blonde AND a ginger :) If only everyone were so lucky! (that is me being envious) ha!

Anonymous A said...

Ohhhhh. LOVE! I have been wanting to go red in a subtle way. Found a fab buy at Ulta and did a lil experiment. I like that it turned out as just a hint of red for me. I blogged about it here: http://anonymousagirl.blogspot.com/2012/09/beauty-science.html

Melodee said...

very cute and so brave of you! It is hard to get away from those darn highlights!! one color will be sooo easy and how cute are you for fall?

Jessie said...

Super cute!! Great job for just going for it.

Daily Vacation said...

Love it! I (brunette) went very blonde for a little while and had trouble finding things to wear since all my clothes complimented a brunette..haha

Sophie said...

Hi there Mae! :) I love your hair! It's totally wild and adventurous. Also, i like your blog very mucho. The CoffeeHouse introduced your blog to me, and I'm so happy for that because otherwise I wouldn't have found this amazing blog! I'm followin. <3

Katye Y said...

Love it! Love you!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

Watch out, Ginger ... you're gonna run into those plants!

Unknown said...

Haha, you are too cute! From what I can see, I really like it.

New reader on the blog :)

NatashaTing said...

i spotted this sexy lady on pinterest sporting a red hair and I totally fell in love with red hair ever since. you look great in it too!


Natasha
ps. by the way, check out my {$50 paypal deposite giveaway } if you are interested. thanks!

My-cliffnotes said...

I love the red, so pretty.

xoxo

My-cliffnotes said...

I love the red, so pretty.

xoxo

the domestic fringe said...

The picture looks fabulous! I desperately need to do something with my hair. I've already had two people tell me so...you know it's bad! I keep trying to say it's "ombre" hair, but nobody is buying it. Time to cover the gray and take care of the 3 inches of grown out highlights.

Hmmm...maybe I'll go red...
~FringeGirl

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

hey! found you over at the coffeehouse blog! so i LOVE your red locks! ive done that change too & it was so fun! i just hate how it lightens up so fast! TGIF! XO

Jessica said...

I dyed my hair last weekend and love it :)

Naptime Review said...

Oh I like it! You look hot!

julie @ Naptime Review

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Came across from the coffee house. I live right outside Music City.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

LOVE it!! HOTNESS! I would love to go ALL out balls to the wall red myself, but I'm brown. Enuf said. #ha I'm def going in for a cut tho! I keep saying it, but I think I'm going for another 4 inches!

Deia@LoveInTangles said...

Its GORGEOUS! I love your spontaneity! Its just hair and it looks great! I'm giving my hair a break for awhile and am just going to let it grow.