homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

September 14, 2012

A few nights ago...

A few nights ago I came home, opened my inbox, and found this beautiful email.  I was absolutely floored.  There are really no words, so I'm just going to share it with you. 
(Don't worry,  I got permission from the author to post it here.)

***
Hi Mae, 

I am your newest follower on your blog. I was following blogs from operation fabulous thing. But then I decided to click through yours some more and I saw the story of your little girl. She is so beautiful and the story is beautiful too. I pray that she comes home soon. I know that you will be an amazing mother. I have cerebral palsy myself and I also have a twin with cerebral palsy too. I am not adopted but I did want to say thank you for having a heart and for opening up your home and your life to that little girl. there are so many children that need homes these days. society just pushes them out of the way and doesn't regard them as anything. I am sick of this and yearn for it to change. I want to make a difference in the disabled community. I may have a disability but that doesn't mean that I am as different. I can still do things just like everyone else. I may just not be able to do everything that people can do. I want to share a poem with you that I wrote on my blog: 


My life is
unique because I
was not supposed to live
born at 1 pound and 7 ounces
I fought for my Life
Doctors said I was not going to make it
God had other plans

He blessed me with a disability
yes a blessing
because I have had so many experiences
as a result of my disability

God has grown me into a beautiful young woman
I may be different
but that doesn't define
who I am in Christ
or who I am as a person
my disability shapes my life
in a beautiful way
My disability
leaves me unable to do something
but I am still able to do so much with my life

God has a plan for my life
and I REFUSE to let my disability get in the way

***

Absolutely beautiful. I can not wait to share this poem with Abi as she grows up. 

I can not describe how much Jessica's words meant to me.  I've since emailed with her a few times and she told me that she wants to be a voice for those with disabilities.  She told me I could contact her with any questions I have and she even hooked me up with a non-profit focused on disability ministry. She then prayed with me and the whole "meeting" meant so much. Some days I'm reminded how God can use anything to bless people.  Even two blogs, an email account, and a kind soul willing to reach out to this new mama.  Thank you Jessica!!

Here's a link to Jessica's blog.  You should go read it.  

13 comments:

Libby A. said...

This was beautiful and touching. thank you for sharing!!

Jessica said...

no problem Mae. I am so glad that I encouraged you. I am not an expert on disability but I can just talk about my experience. Thank you for sharing this. I am honored to be featured on your blog. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely wonderful that she wrote and shared that with you. So touching! Thanks for sharing!

Melodee said...

so sweet:)

Naptime Review said...

This gave me chills. God is so awesome. I am so glad Operation Fabulous brought you two together. Really this made my night!

julie @ Naptime Review

I think I am going to tweet this ;)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

No other words but awesome come to mind!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Amen sistah!! God is good. XOXOXO

Katye Y said...

It's amazing how God works!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

The power of blogging is amazing. I love connections like these!

itsmekt said...

so amazing! glad you shared it, thats what i love the most about blogging it brings people together that you might never of had the chance of "meeting" and having them in your life

Unknown said...

I just found your blog via Erin at Living in Yellow. I'm so touched by this post. I love blogs that have substance to them and yours is definitely one of them.

My husband and I are going through infertility so I know how it is to open the deepest parts of your life noon your blog.

I'm now following along.

Julie Marie said...

so beautiful. reminds me of that song, beautiful things by gungor. he can take anything and turn it into beauty.

Chelsea Olivia said...

Jess is such a sweet, amazing person. What a nice little email to write to you. xo