homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

August 31, 2012

Can You Believe She's 75?!??

I'm on Day 4 of the 30 Day Challenge and so far it's going great. I've walked, I've barreamped, I've worked out from home, and today, well today I haven't made up my mind yet... It's either going to be zumba, or yoga, or speed-walking around town.  Who knows.  The day is young.

This morning, in search of some exercise inspiration, I searched, "workout motivation" on pinterest and found this picture.  Her name is Ernestine Shepherd and she is 75 years old.


I now believe all things are possible. 

Want to know what's even more amazing than her outrageous abs? The fact that she didn't even start working out until she was in her late 50's. According to her website, "As a 56-year-old she was a sedentary, well-padded school secretary and “slug” who had never worked out a day in her life." Want to know more? Watch this 3 minute video. I'm in absolute awe.


Wooohoo!!! I'm officially motivated.  Off to go drink a protein shake and get "Day 4- Workout" checked off my list!

Mae

10 comments:

Danielle said...

Good for you! I'm so proud! Hope it's giving you a boost! :) xoxo

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

HOly hell.

Amanda English said...

One word = WOW!

Daily Vacation said...

wow!!! what motivation!!! Thanks for sharing - definitely going to rewatch this video those mornings I just don't feel like working out.

Naptime Review said...

I want to be like her. Awesome!
julie @ Naptime Review

So happy to have you on my sidebar!

Ivy said...

Oh my goodness I want to be like her! I love hearing stories where you learn that its never too late to do something. Love it!!

ivy-lauren.blogspot.com

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

Holy moly! She's proof that it's never too late to take your health into your own hands. Totally inspiring!

Joanna said...

WOW! i want to look that good when i'm her age!

and GO YOU for being healthy

Sara said...

That lady is awesome! :) Love it! And also love the music choice for the video ;)

xoxo

Deia@LoveInTangles said...

I don't know whether to be upset [at myself] or inspired. Think I'll just be inspired. Still kind of upset with myself though, because I purposely talk myself out of working out sometimes. Anyways thanks for sharing some inspiration!