homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

September 20, 2011

Tap Dancing Queens

Want to see 80 and 90 year old women tap dance? I know I do.  Thanks to Netflix's We Suggest for You section, “Been Rich All My Life” fell into my life at the perfect time. It's happy, uplifting, inspiring, and fun.  It is an amazing documentary that follows 5 women who met in the 1930’s as chorus dancers for the Cotton Club and Apollo Theater, to today where they still perform regularly for eager audiences.  They range in age from 84-96 and have moves like you’ve never seen.     

Here they are as young women:


Here they are now:


As you watch these gals take subways to rehearsal, meet each other in local pubs, and drop the rare, but well-placed f-bomb, you’ll fall in love.  I know I did. 

Here is the movie’s trailer:


I absolutely loved it and seriously wish I had half the moves these gals have. 

If you watch it let me know what you think!

Mae Mae



No comments: