homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

August 26, 2011

Sunrise Series...


I am a night owl.  I like being up late, I like how quiet the world is at 2 am, I like feeling like I’m getting a lot done while others are sleeping, and I’m certain I think more clearly past 1 am. (Sean would strongly disagree with that last statement.)  Since I work from home, my night-owl routine has gotten completely out of control. It’s not abnormal for me to send work emails between the hours of 1 and 3 am, start papers well after midnight, and even work on pottery in the early hours of the morn. Monday and Tuesday of this week I went to bed around 4am and last night I fell asleep a little before 2. Inevitably, I go to bed super late, get 5 or 6 hours of sleep, and then rise feeling groggy, unrested, and achy.  This is a stupid schedule and it needs to stop.  I must surrender to a non-musician, adult schedule and get back on track.

In order to do this, I’m going to begin a sunrise series.  For one week I will get up at dawn, take pictures of the sunrise, and post it on this blog. Next, I will post a picture of the coffee I am drinking, because once I have coffee I am UP.  (If I didn’t add that last part, I would post the sunrise picture, go back to sleep, and hide my dirty little secret from you forever.)  Hopefully, this will be the accountability I am needing.  My theory is that I’ll be so tired from getting up at 5 am, that I’ll be ready for bed well before midnight.  And then I’ll do it again, and again, and after 5 days the spell will be broken.  We’ll see… So… starting Monday, you’ll see something like this posted when you wake-up:


Fingers Crossed...

No comments: